Edward D. Spinney
Areas of Expertise
- Environmental Assessments
- Asbestos and Lead Paint Consulting
Edward Spinney has over eight years of environmental
investigative experience. He has performed all phases of asbestos
and lead surveys, abatement specifications, permit requests,
abatement monitoring, reporting and documentation, as well as
project management on commercial, industrial and school buildings.
Mr. Spinney has also performed Phase-I and II Environmental Site
Assessments, Transaction Screen Reports and NEPA Checklist reviews,
for property transfers, throughout the western United States. He
has also performed soils, groundwater and storm water sampling, as
well as hazardous materials reporting and business plan preparation.
His experience also includes laboratory data validation of Super
Fund Sites for the EPA.
Bachelors of Science, Environmental Engineering Technology, California State University, Long Beach
MBA in progress, California State University, Fullerton
- California Registered Environmental Assessor I
- California Certified Asbestos Consultant under AHERA
- Nevada AHERA Certified Building Inspector and Contractor/Supervisor
- Arizona AHERA Certified Building Inspector
- Utah AHERA Certified Building Inspector, Management Planner and Project Designer
- NIOSH 582 Sampling and Evaluation of Airborne Asbestos Dust
- California and Utah DHS Lead Inspector/Assessor
- OSHA 1910.120 40-Hour HAZWOPER
- Certificate in Hazardous Materials Management, Fullerton College
- BOMI Environmental Health and Safety Certification
- SCITEC Radiation Safety Field Tech I-XRF Operator Certified
- RMD LPA-1 Lead System Operator
Writing plans for: Haz-Com, Personal Protective Equipment, Injury and
Illness Prevention, Hazardous Materials Business Plans.
Representative Project Experience
- Los Angeles Unified School District - Project management, asbestos and lead consulting services.
- Ontario Airport - Reuse study asbestos and lead survey.
- Catholic Healthcare West - Hospital asbestos and lead demolition survey and abatement oversight.
- SCRIPPS Oceanographic Institute - Abatement oversight of demolition of Ritter Hall and Vaughn Hall.
- Tehachapi Correctional Institute - Seismic retrofit, asbestos and lead abatement oversight.
- NORCAL - Storm Water Monitoring for Landfills throughout San Bernardino County.
- AT&T/Gianni & Associates/American Tower - Performed Phase-I ESA's, Transaction Screen Reports,
NEPA Reports, Hazardous Materials Questionnaires, and asbestos and lead surveys for wireless communications
sites located throughout California.
CNS Environmental, Inc, 2003 to Present.
Environmental Branch Manager
GeoTek Insite, Inc, February 2000 to 2003.
PSI, Long Beach, CA, May 1999 to February 2000.
Staff Environmental Engineer
Ninyo & Moore, Irvine, CA, 1998-1999.
Associate Project Manager
American Savings Bank, Fullerton, CA. 1993-1997